This one is obviously meant to be a divination, given the explicit appearance of two of the major arcana.
- The Covering: Low, “Pissing”
- The Crossing: The Afghan Whigs, “Fountain And Fairfax”
- The Crown: Neutral Milk Hotel, “The Fool”
- The Root: The Flaming Lips, “What Is The Light?”
- The Past: Teenage Fanclub, “Satan”
- The Future: Clor, “Dangerzone”
- The Questioner: Bloc Party, “Hidden Track (Remix)”
- The House: R.E.M., “Find The River”
- The Inside: Bright Eyes, “Devil In The Details”
- The Outcome: Animal Collective, “Turn Into Something”
Here’s the key. This is perhaps the most straightforward iPod tarot reading I’ve ever seen. Even the instrumental tracks in The Crown and The Crossing are helpfully named after actual tarot cards (assuming one takes “Satan” to represent the card of The Devil). The Covering, The Future, and The Outcome are especially direct in their lyrics, with the last track clearly pointing towards an impending transformation. Excellent, hopefully I’ll develop a cool mutant power.
The best song in the set is “Fountain and Fairfax”, although its relevance is less clear than some of the others.
Don’t you promise me what you cannot deliver
I’ll be waiting for you on Fountain and Fairfax
That intersection exists in Los Angeles, but I don’t know whether that’s the city the Afghan Whigs had in mind…